Dogs can have eggs. Protein in eggs is in fact very healthy for dogs. Eggs are a powerhouse of protein. There are many surprising benefits of eggs for dogs.
Can dogs have an egg a day
Eggs are the cheapest source of quality protein. A dog can absolutely have eggs every day. There is no need to worry about cholesterol in eggs. Dogs have a great functioning metabolism to grasp all nutrients including cholesterol present in eggs. In fact, consumption of eggs can lower bad cholesterol and increase the good cholesterol levels in dogs.
Can dogs have raw eggs?
Long story short, Yes Dogs can have raw eggs provided the eggs are from free-range hens raised organically. Eggs from congested poultry may have the risk of salmonella but dog’s metabolism can naturally tackle salmonella if contained in the eggs they eat.
Can dogs eat eggshells?
Yes, Dogs can have whole eggs, including the outer shell. Eggshells mostly contain calcium carbonate and a little of proteins. Calcium in eggshells is good for bone strength and development of your dog. But make sure the eggs shells are boiled in water before feeding it your dog because raw feeding can give health issues to your dog as eggshells have dirt and other microorganisms present on it. The Easy Way is to boil the whole egg in the water and serve the egg wholly to your dog.
Benefits of Eggs for dogs
Eggs are an excellent source of nutrition and addon to your dog’s diet. Eggs are power-packed with easily digestible proteins, fat-soluble vitamins, biotin, calcium, folate, riboflavin, selenium Vitamin A, Vitamin B5, Vitamin B12, Vitamin D, Vitamin E, Vitamin K, and Zinc.
- Protein in eggs is good for your dog’s muscle growth, skin, hair, and nails.
- Biotin present in eggs is good for your dog’s Hair and Nails.
- Calcium carbonate presents in the eggshell is good for your dog’s bone strength.
- Vitamin D and other fat-soluble vitamins present in eggs support the healthy functioning of your dog’s vital organs.
- Eggs are great immune-boosting food. It fights off diseases and can promote quality life for your furry companion.